E & S W Knowles are a long established fire door and door frame specialist with a wealth of technical specification experience. As one of the top 25 fire door manufactures in the country, we have been involved in the supply of doors and other joinery products into an array of projects that cover a variety of areas: –
Commercial office sector,
Air and rail transport industry,
Car manufactures showrooms and head offices,
Schools, colleges and universities,
Health sector and antibacterial doors,
Power stations and energy from waste plants,
Old peoples homes, student and sheltered accommodation throughout the UK.
As manufacturers for over 95 years, we have created a large network of suppliers and customers, and as such, we can make a variety of bespoke door sets and products including;
- Solid core non-fire rated, FD30, FD60, FD90 and FD120 doors
- Acoustic rated doors sets up to 44DB and insulated door sets to 30/30 or 60/60 fire rating.
- Covering a wide variety of finishes; paper faced, stained, timber veneers, plain colour laminates as well as specialised bespoke laminates.
- Machining for locks and hinges and supply of all Ironmongery
- We have a manufacturing mill which specialise in all aspects of additional joinery including;
frames, screens, skirting board, complete door sets and timber partitioning systems.
E & S W Knowles have also completed and passed the dual orientation fire testing required by the Government’s Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG). The MHCLG’s investigative fire door testing took place as a result of the Grenfell fire.